SA style cluch bracket - group guy?

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Yolandi2
fill in the right answer: 15

SA style cluch bracket - group guy?

Post by Yolandi2 »

hi all, just returned from a holiday in south Africa where i managed to find a clutch bracket for my gt2, the guy i bought it from owned a motor spares shop and said he was able to send things to the UK no problem, is there enough interest here for a bulk order of brackets?

1990 mk2 GT2
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: SA style cluch bracket - group guy?

Post by james butler »

i would think so if it comes as a kit, you need the cable and an extended linkage to make it work the bracket alone wont do it.
see if you can get the part number and find a uk supplier for the cable.

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
mark watson
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: SA style cluch bracket - group guy?

Post by mark watson »

hi all , been a while , yip james is spot on , in the golf it fits straight in , looks like the firewall in the rocco is around an inch further back than the golf so the 8mm rod linkage to the pedal is too short , i am working on a solution for the rocco as i am busy with my mk2 , you can get from the spares shops here locally but they buy them out from the supplier i have here ( goldwagen ) the complete kit weigh's in at just under a kilogram so postage is a problem , same as what i have getting stuff here , but the pound is still strong so lets see , my rocco will be back in a couple of weeks as its in for a new coat of paint