Rear shox upper mounts

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
Jerry Atric
fill in the right answer: 15

Rear shox upper mounts

Post by Jerry Atric »

My "C" regn Scirocco with a relatively new MOT when I bought it a few months ago, was making strange noises from the rear.

Eventually traced to this culprit and it was the same on the other side!

May be worth checking your car if they've not been looked at for many years as obviously mine hadn't . Rather surprised it passed the MOT to be honest when you see the state of the upper cups for the springs to "sit in".

Now sorted with the help of Shane , many thanks mate!!!

mark1gls
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Rear shox upper mounts

Post by mark1gls »

How did the MOT miss that, I would of thought an advisory would of been issued before the cup got to that state of rust.
How was the other side?

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
scrappy1382

Post by scrappy1382 »

Glad to of helped [emoji4] , oh and looks like my advise worked out for ya too [emoji4]

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Scirocco Shane
84 cosmos blue storm - mafia car choice 2015 rip :-(
84 Havanna Brown Storm - 8-)
Jerry Atric

Post by Jerry Atric »

Ref above….yes Shane, some invaluable advice from you, many thanks…..and as for the MOT reference above from mark1gls , unbelievable that it was not picked up on the MOT I agree…..the car was basically dangerous….and both sides were equally bad.

However, MOT's are normally SO thorough these days that I can only assume it was a wink wink nudge nudge deal !