recommended boots n gaiters

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
james butler
fill in the right answer: 10

recommended boots n gaiters

Post by james butler »

anyone recommend a supplier for boots and gators?
im just going through the process of refurbishing my driveshafts so want to replace the boots inner and outer.
ive just bought a refurb kit for both inners as one is bigger than the other but are there any decent manufacturers for the outer cv joint boots?
i dont really want to have to take all this apart again for a good while so i dont mine spending the cash.

cheers

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!
Tim_R

Re: recommended boots n gaiters

Post by Tim_R »

I don't know if GKN do boots on their own but their joint kits which include new boots last well.

Scirocco GTII 2L 16V
Mk2 Golf Gti 8v
T4 Transporter 2.4D LWB
essextom

Post by essextom »

gsf have got loads of offers on at the moment, last weekend was 42% off everything. I'd sign up to their news letter and wait till the next deal, the ones I got from them seem good, think they were febi.

james butler

Post by james butler »

cheers for the input guys, i went with gkn in the end and as it happens had to replace the drivers side joint which indeed came with the boot.

thanks

I dont mind project cars but I HATE SANDING!!!