Don't know what this part is

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
captquo
fill in the right answer: 10

Don't know what this part is

Post by captquo »

All,

Second attempt at posting. I have been absent from this forum for a few years. My Mark 2 1986 GT S was restored and then sat for years. I have only just got her back on the road and TLC is required. I noticed this part was loose in the engine bay. I don't know what it is - can anyone identify it please? Also even better if you know where to buy it.

Cheers,

Andrew
sr 2020-10-18.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1986 GT S
GT_II
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Don't know what this part is

Post by GT_II »

I think it is 172611449 - bracket for clutch cable, rhd only, discontinued 2009. It was fitted to late Mk1 Golfs as well as Mk2 Scircoccos. I suspect it is hard to find. Not pretty I guess, but some cable ties to keep everything in place might be an adequate solution for now.

1992 VW Scirocco GT II 1.8 90PS Brilliant Black 30k
mark1gls

Post by mark1gls »

If you reposition the clutch cable in the fixing on the rocker cover and get the clutch cable to go straight down it should pull the clip over and possibly help make the clutch a little lighter as the cable is not bending more than its needs to.

Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323
captquo

Post by captquo »

Thank you all!

1986 GT S