Brake servo’s

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues
Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
thxxx
fill in the right answer: 15

Brake servo’s

Post by thxxx »

So, quick question. While pulling these two cars apart to try and make one good one, I have two different brake servo’s?
Pictures below, but curious as to which one I should be keeping for better braking!
Thanks in advance for any assistance, I’ve already read loads of posts on brake upgrades but couldn’t work out which of these was the best one for the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr.brown

Re: Brake servo’s

Post by mr.brown »

The fat one looks like someone has just shoved some random servo from a 1950s van on there. I've had 70+ Sciroccos and have never seen one like that. I'd use the other one.

thxxx

Re: Brake servo’s

Post by thxxx »

Thanks Mr. Brown, when it’s off I’ll check out the part number and work out what it’s been taken off, it did look a little out of place. During the build I’ll be looking at bigger front brakes anyway if I can get hold of some G60 callipers and adapter plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk