Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Suspension; Gearbox, Clutch and Driveshafts; Brakes; Steering; Throttle and clutch cable issues

Moderator: Scirocco Register

Forum rules
Hints, tips and guides for repair and modification - the FAQ section on the main website is worth checking first for information relating to common faults and technical help. Useful posts and guides will be added to the FAQ http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/scirocco-faq
G Beats
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 am
fill in the right answer: 10

Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by G Beats » Wed May 08, 2019 11:41 pm

Hello ever body from here I have been trying to sort a pair of these . Black Diamond Brake Pads . From Venom motor sport here === http://www.venommotorsport.com/product/brakes/BR31552/ and http://www.venommotorsport.com/product/brakes/BR31553/ . Thorough Richard they are vented discs here === https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/scir ... 15-118000/ .

I have taken pictures of the brake pads gave the reg number of Sally and the chassis frame number Took the front wheel off again to measure the brake disc . As this is what Richard from Venom Motor Sport Black Diamond have asked all for . Now Black Diamond have asked for pictures. That I remove the pads and take pictures so they can correctly identify them. Which I'am not prepared to do .

Thank's to all can help off here it is more then appreciated .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2.

mark1gls
Posts: 3272
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 pm
fill in the right answer: 10
Location: Somerset

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by mark1gls » Thu May 09, 2019 10:08 am

You have bog standard VWII calipers and 239mm discs.

VWII calipers are used in VW/seat/audi cars all the way to 2001 ish so that's Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 golfs, Polo's, Seat Ibiza, Cordoba, Golf Cabriolet..... etc....


Picture and sizes of pads here if using vented discs, if you have solid discs the pads are just thicker.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK1- ... Sw65BctdeC



Set up I use on my daily and very happy with the performance, great bite and feel when braking. (use discount to get better price..)

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volk ... a58&000036

Discs.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volk ... 6d6&000027



Or speak to VW heritage....

https://www.vwheritage.com/wc698pp098-b ... s-vw-spare


Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323

GT_II
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:18 am
fill in the right answer: 15
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by GT_II » Thu May 09, 2019 10:42 am

The original VW part number appears to have superseded to 1H0698151.



G Beats
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 am
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by G Beats » Thu May 09, 2019 2:56 pm

mark1gls wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:08 am
You have bog standard VWII calipers and 239mm discs.

VWII calipers are used in VW/seat/audi cars all the way to 2001 ish so that's Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 golfs, Polo's, Seat Ibiza, Cordoba, Golf Cabriolet..... etc....


Picture and sizes of pads here if using vented discs, if you have solid discs the pads are just thicker.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK1- ... Sw65BctdeC



Set up I use on my daily and very happy with the performance, great bite and feel when braking. (use discount to get better price..)

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volk ... a58&000036

Discs.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volk ... 6d6&000027



Or speak to VW heritage....

https://www.vwheritage.com/wc698pp098-b ... s-vw-spare

Hello MK 1 GLS .

Thanks very much indeed that has been a great help .


G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2.

G Beats
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 am
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by G Beats » Thu May 09, 2019 3:01 pm

GT_II wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:42 am
The original VW part number appears to have superseded to 1H0698151.
OH OK GT II .


G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2.

G Beats
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 am
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by G Beats » Thu May 09, 2019 3:47 pm

We are thinking of getting this front brake set up here === https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4l/c/ ... 6dd&000711

And one these set of brake pads here === which are the Pagid Brake Pad (Front)Product Code: 101440158 and Mintex Brake Pad (Front)Product Code: 10144015M not the Eicher Premium Brake Pad (Front)Product Code: 101440159 https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/brake-pads



Just would like a set that give off less brake dust and stop the best . Of course that it all fits Sally ? What your thoughts on this peoples off here .

Many thanks .
It is more then appreciated .


G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2.

mark1gls
Posts: 3272
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 pm
fill in the right answer: 10
Location: Somerset

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by mark1gls » Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 pm

Yes to Pagid pads and you can get the Brembo disc from them as well (carparts4less are Euro car parts sister company...)

I’m not a fan of groves or drilled discs as read horror stories of them cracking but that might be from getting way to hot if pushed hard...

I do sometimes drive my car like I stole it and always felt happy with the brake performance.

Also worth changing the brake fluid for new if it’s more than 3 years old, Dot 4 is what you need.


Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323

G Beats
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:19 am
fill in the right answer: 10

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by G Beats » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 pm

mark1gls wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:33 pm
Yes to Pagid pads and you can get the Brembo disc from them as well (carparts4less are Euro car parts sister company...)

I’m not a fan of groves or drilled discs as read horror stories of them cracking but that might be from getting way to hot if pushed hard...

I do sometimes drive my car like I stole it and always felt happy with the brake performance.

Also worth changing the brake fluid for new if it’s more than 3 years old, Dot 4 is what you need.
Thank's very much MK 1 GLS . Sent you message .

It is very appreciated .


G Beats.Been into MK 2 V.W Sciroccos since 98.Now on my fourth MK 2 Scirocco. R.I.P two MK 2 Scala DX Engine's.Sold GT 2.

mark1gls
Posts: 3272
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 pm
fill in the right answer: 10
Location: Somerset

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by mark1gls » Thu May 09, 2019 9:58 pm

Pagid pads and Brembo discs (price show on web is for 1 disc!)

Price for complete new set up.
Car parts4 less = £54.24
Euro car parts = £60.11


Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323

mark1gls
Posts: 3272
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 pm
fill in the right answer: 10
Location: Somerset

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by mark1gls » Thu May 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Make sure you have 2 discs in the basket..... :-D


Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323

scirocco_ne
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:00 pm
fill in the right answer: 15

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by scirocco_ne » Mon May 13, 2019 10:59 am

I had black diamond disk and pads on my g60. They were awesome. You could drop it on its nose at just about any speed.



mark1gls
Posts: 3272
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 pm
fill in the right answer: 10
Location: Somerset

Re: Black Diamond Brake Pads .

Post by mark1gls » Mon May 13, 2019 3:31 pm

scirocco_ne wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:59 am
You could drop it on its nose at just about any speed.
I like that saying. :lol:


Mk1 78 Scirocco GLS 1.6 FR, weekend toy.
Mk1 88 Golf GTi cabriolet 1.8 DX. Daily drive.
Membership No. 323